Spring BBQ Recipes 2023
What’s more enjoyable than sweating while manning the BBQ? Not dripping in sweat while standing in front of your grill some might say. Abandon the idea that you can only grill in the summer and grab your charcoal. BBQs are great for get-togethers all year round despite the association with long, hot, summer days.
Use these barbecue recipes for your upcoming outdoor cookout and avoid the kitchen sweat!
A grill is necessary for the majority of these dishes, while a few can be prepared in the kitchen if the weather doesn’t go your way. But if the sun is shining, don’t bother working in the kitchen. Just gather your loved ones and get in the garden to start grilling!
So it’s time to fire up the grill and start preparing dinner. Who doesn’t enjoy the grill’s smoky flavour combined with charred flavour right?
BBQ Recipe for the Veggies: Grilled Cauliflower
It’s important to remember that you can pretty much grill anything on the BBQ, it doesn’t just have to be meat. So, if you are a vegetarian or vegan or your guests are, here is the perfect BBQ recipe for you!
– 1 large cauliflower
– 6 tablespoons of vegetable oil, or whichever oil you prefer to use
– 1 bunch of trimmed scallions
– Salt and pepper
– A piece of ginger, peeled or grated
– 1 garlic clove
– Half a cup of fresh cilantro leaves
– 2 tablespoons of lime juice
– Gochugaru, black sesame seeds that have been toasted, and sesame oil (for dressing serving)
– Remove the cauliflower leaves and trim the stem, but leave the core alone. Place the cauliflower on a work surface core side down. Slice the cauliflower into four 12″-long “steaks” starting at the midline (reserve any florets that break loose).
– Lightly oil the grill grate and set the grill to medium-high heat. Add 4 tablespoons of oil and 4 tablespoons of scallions to the cauliflower steaks, florets, and scallions. Scallions should be grilled for about 2 minutes, turning occasionally, until charred in spots. Grill cauliflower steaks for 8 to 10 minutes on each side, or until they are soft and lightly charred. Any loose florets should be grilled in a grill basket over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, turning frequently.
– Salt the sauce after blending the ginger, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, and the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a food processor until it has the consistency of yoghurt.
– On a platter, arrange the cauliflower and scallions. Gochugaru, sesame seeds, and sesame oil should all be added as a garnish. Serve with a side of cilantro sauce.
BBQ Recipe for the Meat Eaters: Rack of Lamb
Want to impress your guests? Well with this recipe you need to start a day in advance because the lamb in this recipe for a rack of lamb needs to marinate for an entire night. But believe us when we say, it’s worthwhile.
– 2 racks of lamb
– Salt and pepper
– 2 cloves of garlic
– 1 cup of greek yoghourt
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 1 grated lemon zest
– Half a teaspoon of saffron threads
– After seasoning the lamb with salt and pepper, place each rack in a sizable plastic bag that can be sealed. In a small bowl, combine the saffron, yoghurt, oil, lemon zest, and garlic; divide the mixture among the bags. Turn to coat after securing bags by pressing out extra air. Chill the lamb in the fridge overnight.
– Start preparing the grill for indirect, medium-high heat. (For a gas grill, leave one burner off. For a charcoal grill, bank coals on one side. Remove the lamb from the marinade and discard the extra. To prevent flare-ups, place lamb over direct heat and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, turning it occasionally and moving it to a cooler part of the grill.
– Place the lamb on the grill’s cooler side. Cook lamb on a covered grill, turning occasionally, for an additional 15 minutes or so, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the centre registers 125° for medium-rare.
– Give the lamb 10 minutes to rest. Then cut each chop into two pieces.
BBQ Recipe for the Veggies: Ricotta, Charred Courgettes, and Runner Beans
This vegetarian side dish of charred courgettes and runner beans screams summer and has a hint of heat from the chilli. So why not try it out you may find yourself with a new favourite side for your barbecue dishes that the whole family can enjoy.
– 50g seed mixture
– 2 tablespoons honey
– 1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
– 1/2 lemon, zested and squeezed
– Ricotta tub (250g)
– 400g runner beans 3 courgettes, thickly sliced on the diagonal
– 3 tbsp good olive oil, plus more to serve
Barbecue Recipes Method
– In a dry pan, toast the seeds until they begin to pop, then add the honey, chilli, and a generous pinch of sea salt. When all of the seeds are sticky and clustering, tip them out onto a piece of baking parchment and set them aside to cool. Set aside the ricotta with the lemon zest and seasoning.
– Season the courgettes and runner beans with the oil. Start the grill or get a griddle pan scorching hot on the stove. Cook the vegetables in batches until charred and softened but also a little crunchy.
– Place the ricotta on the bottom of a large serving platter and top it with the vegetables. Squeeze in the lemon juice, then sprinkle with the sweet seeds. Finish with an olive oil drizzle and a sprinkle of sea salt.
BBQ Recipe for the Meat Eaters: Chicken Paillard with Lemon and Herbs
Pounding meat until thin and flat is an excellent technique for ensuring that barbecued chicken breast does not dry out. Try this barbecue lemon and herb recipe to add a refreshing dish to your BBQ cookout.
– 6 chicken breasts
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
– 140g rocket, 25g parmesan, and lemon wedges
– 2 cloves of garlic
– 3 rosemary sprigs, leaves chopped finely
– 6 sage leaves, finely shredded
– zest 1 lemon and juice of ½ a lemon
– 3 tbsp olive oil
Barbecue Recipe Method
– Place each chicken breast between two sheets of cling film or parchment paper. Flatten each piece of chicken with a meat mallet or rolling pin to an even layer about 0.5cm thick. Transfer the chicken to a serving dish.
– To make the marinade, use a pestle and mortar to crush the garlic with a pinch of salt. Add the rosemary and sage and mix everything together. Stir in the lemon zest and juice, olive oil, and black pepper. Pour the marinade over the chicken and coat thoroughly. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
– Preheat the grill. Spread the coals out to form an even layer after the flames have died down. Cook the chicken for about 1-2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a board and rest for a few minutes.
– Meanwhile, combine the oil and balsamic vinegar in a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Toss everything together, then shave on the Parmesan. Serve the salad alongside the chicken, with lemon wedges for squeezing.
BBQ Recipe for those with a sweet tooth: Foil Pack Marshmallow Banana
Every BBQ needs a sweet dish to end the night. Try this packed banana recipe to stop the sweet cravings and leave your guests feeling naughty but nice with the classic childhood bbq recipe.
– handful of chocolate chips
– handful of mini marshmallows
Barbecue Recipes Method
– To begin, tear a square piece of aluminium foil that is about 12 inches by 12 inches to surround and contain the banana whilst it is cooking.
– Peeled banana should be placed on foil and sliced lengthwise about 3/4 of the way through. Then you can spread it apart and fill it up with marshmallows and chocolate chips. Wrap the banana in foil and make sure that it is tightly sealed.
– Whenever you are ready to cook the banana, place the wrapped banana over a flame or on a hot grill for about 5 minutes until the banana is tender.
– Once cooked, remove from the grill, unwrap, and enjoy!
So, now that you know how to make easy barbecue recipes, you’re ready to get started! If you’re feeling really adventurous, why not try baking on the BBQ? Our charcoal range is perfect for getting your BBQ going quickly and sustainably, so you can have a good barbecue. For helpful hints and updates, follow us on Instagram and Twitter!